Coppa (Number 84)

September 5, 2012

My journey down Alison Cook's top 100 continues on, and this time I found myself at Coppa on Washington.

Impressed?  Not so much.

I definitely had high hopes for Coppa upon our arrival, but unfortunately, they definitely fell flat.  Despite that, I feel like I would be doing everyone a disservice by not starting this post by saying I am 100% Italian and I have grown up around AMAZING Italian food my entire life.  Growing up around so much homemade deliciousness kind of makes you an Italian food snob, so my taste buds might be a little biased.  You should definitely try it out for yourself and see if you like it.  If I had it to do all over again, I probably would have went with a pizza.  At this point though, I would venture to say this might have been the worst Italian food I have ever tasted. 

I made the mistake of ordering the Gnocci made with oyster mushrooms, sage, rictotta, mushroom broth, and the ONE thing that sents me over the edge of grossnes...TRUFFLE OIL.  Yuck!  I HATE truffle oil.  I think I was so consumed by the fact that they had Gnocci {which I heart so much!}, that I ignored the fact that it was in truffle oil.  It was disgust!  It was not just in the truffle oil, it was swimming in it, and the gnocci was grilled!  Who grills gnocci?!?!  My brother ordered the chef's "signature" dish, Speghetti Carbonara, which in my opinion was just OK.  I really wanted to like it, but it just didn't happen for me.

I would definetly like to know if any of you had a better experience!    


Over all, I give Coppa TWO stars.  This Italian girl was NOT impressed.


Cuisine: Italian
Entree Price Range: $$-$$$
Where: 5555 Washington Ave.
Phone 713-426-4260
Website: copparistorante.com


1 comment:

  1. So sad this wasn't any good. Especially since I have heard such great things about it!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs